Bear Real Estate - Buyer Info
Hire A Real Estate Agent?
real estate professional provides much more than the service of helping
you find your ideal home.
Realtors® are expert negotiators with other agents, seasoned financial
advisors with customers, and superb navigators around the local neighborhood.
They are members of the National Association of Realtors® (NAR)
and must abide by a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice enforced
by the NAR. A professional Realtor is your best resource when buying
LET A REALTOR BE YOUR GUIDE
• A knowledgeable Realtor can save you endless amounts of time,
money, and frustration.
• A knowledgeable Realtor knows the housing market inside and
out and can help you avoid the “wild goose
• A knowledgeable Realtor can help you with any home, even if
it is listed elsewhere or if it is being sold
directly by the owner.
• A knowledgeable Realtor knows the best lenders in the area
and can help you understand the importance of
being preapproved for a mortgage. He or she can also discuss down
payments, closing costs, and monthly
payment options that suit you.
• A knowledgeable Realtor is an excellent source for both general
and specific information about the community
such as schools, churches, shopping, and transportation—plus
tips on home inspections and pricing.
• A knowledgeable Realtor is experienced at presenting your
offer to the seller and can help you through the
process of negotiating the best price. By bring objectivity to the
buying transaction, he or she can point out the
advantages and the disadvantages of a particular property.
the best thing about your Realtor is that all this help normally won’t
cost you a cent. Generally speaking, the
seller pays the commission to the Realtor (but this may vary from
province to province and state to state).